Think Together is an experienced Expanded Learning Opportunities Program provider in Los Angeles County, the Inland Empire, the Bay Area, and Orange County
What is Expanded Learning Opportunities Program (ELO-P)?
The Expanded Learning Opportunities Program (ELO-P) provides funding for afterschool and summer school enrichment programs for transitional kindergarten through sixth grade.
“Expanded learning” means before school, after school, summer, or intersession learning programs that focus on developing the academic, social, emotional, and physical needs and interests of pupils through hands-on, engaging learning experiences. It is the intent of the Legislature that expanded learning programs are pupil-centered, results driven, include community partners, and complement, but do not replicate, learning activities in the regular school day and school year.
Information and Resources for Year 2 Implementation
Following an unprecedented year of altered school schedules due to COVID, the California Department of Education (CDE) has made Expanded Learning Opportunities Program (ELO-P) apportionments available for academic year 2022-23. As your total solutions partner, Think Together is ready to plan and support your year two implementation.
- LEAs (Local Education Agencies) can significantly increase access to expanded afterschool and summer programs for TK-6th grade.
- CDE’s ELO-P Program Plan template supports LEAs in the development of a plan.
- ELO-P Program Plan must be reviewed and approved by LEA’s governing board in a public meeting and posted online.
- LEAs are required to offer access to all unduplicated pupils
- LEAs are required to provide access to at least 50% of enrolled unduplicated pupils
- LEAs are required to provide transportation to students in schools without an ELO-program to one that does.
ELO-P Strategies and Planning
To accelerate student success after a year of COVID, ELO-P includes funding for up to 30 intersession days for:
- Spring Break: STEM Camp, Academic Support
- Summer: Expanded summer programs to include more students
- Explore additional options for ELOP programs
At Think Together, we are prepared to support district and charter plans to maximize equity and access opportunities at your schools immediately, with the option of gradual offerings to expand over time as we build the capacity to serve more students.
CDE ELO-P Main Webpage
CDE ELO-P Program Plan
CDE ELO-P Program Plan Guide
CDE ELO-P FAQs
ELO-P Information Sheet
ELO-P Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What does “Offer Access” mean?
“Offer access” means to recruit, advertise, publicize, or solicit through culturally and linguistically effective and appropriate communication channels.
What does “Provide Access” mean?
“Provide access,” with respect to an “expanded learning opportunity program,” means to enroll in the expanded learning opportunity program.
What are the transportation requirements?
Transportation shall be provided for any pupil who attends a school that is not operating an expanded learning opportunity program to attend a location that is providing an expanded learning opportunity program and to return to their original location or another location that is established by the local educational agency.
How much funding will my district or school receive for ELO-P fiscal year 2022-23?
Go here to find the preliminary entitlements for the Expanded Learning Opportunities Program
Clarifying the Expanded Learning Opportunities Program (E-LOP) to Maximize Student Access
An Interactive Webinar and Education Think Tank
Watch the recording from a recent webinar